Monday, February 22, 2010

Weird Looking, But Good Tasting Cookies

I continue to be on my cookie-baking kick (I think after this batch I'm going to be done for a while, though--too many sweets in the house!). Last week, I made some more oatmeal cookies. This time, with raisins. I followed this Betty Crocker recipe, but of course added some butterscotch chips. The last item in the recipe calls for 1 cup raisins--I used 1/2 raisins and 1/2 cup butterscotch chips.


Also--and I think this might be part of my problem with the way the cookies look--I substituted more butter for the shortening. Although I have shortening, I find it kind of gross, so I used butter instead. And, I melted the butter, more or less, instead of just softening it.

So they looked pretty weird and came apart pretty good. But, they were still soft and chewy and good tasty, so I can't complain too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment