Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patty's Day!

In honor of St. Patrick's Day, Nate and I made an Irish meal, and while doing so, had some Irish beer he made and listened to Irish music. And we still have Bailey's Irish Cream custard from Gilles is still waiting for us!

We made some soda bread over the weekend and with that, we had smoked salmon with a tangy horseradish sauce, a recipe from the March issue of Cooking Light. Here's the recipe. I'm usually not a big horseradish fan, and I'm just starting to like Dijon mustard, but this sauce was super tasty and the smoked salmon was great.


We had asparagus on the side as well as potatoes topped with some curry sauce I brought back from Ireland (yes, we were there in April 2008, but it's a dry mix to which you add water. Tasted OK to me!).

Everything was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment