Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Salmon a la Trader Joe's

Nate and I try to make a monthly pilgrimage to Trader Joe's at Bayshore Mall. It's not like it's that far, but it's far enough for us not to do our usual, weekly shopping there.

We often stock up on frozen meals--frozen pasta, enchiladas, Chinese food, etc. A lot of these meals you just heat in a skillet with a tablespoon or so of water, and 10 minutes later your meal is ready.

This time, however, we opted for a bit of a different frozen meal. We always eye up these things, but we've never bought one--until now.



The salmon fillets with baby shrimp, cucumber and dill were very easy to cook (defrost in fridge overnight and then bake at 350 (?) for 20-25 minutes) and really good. I am, though, a sucker for anything that has cream cheese in it! And I have to admit I didn't realize they had shrimp in them until I read the packaging when we were done.



We served them with frozen green beans and peas and some bulgur we had leftover from a stew or something. I have to admit, the picture doesn't look all that appetizing, but it was a tasty, filling meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment