Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easy Asian Slaw

I absolutely love the Asian slaw at LuLu, a restaurant in Milwaukee. So I thought I'd try making my own for Brewers Opening Day on April 5 after I bought a bottle of peanut-y Asian dressing at Trader Joe's.

It was really easy and I thought it turned out pretty well. It's no LuLu's Asian slaw, but it's a good, tasty side dish for a summer cookout.


Here's what I used and what I did.

Asian Slaw
about 2/3 bottle of Trader Joe's spicy peanut vinaigrette
1 bag shredded cabbage with carrots
1 carrot, shredded
1/4 red pepper, chopped
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1/4 cup lightly salted roasted peanuts

Mix everything together and leave in Tupperware over night. Serve as a side, or for lunch (the next day, I threw some marinated tofu in the slaw and called it lunch).

2 comments:

  1. does this taste anything like cafe lulu's?? that stuff is like crack....yum! ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. It tastes quite a bit like it, but the Asian Slaw at Lulu's (and Juniper 61) is just fantastic. This is a good way to recreate it at home, though!

    ReplyDelete