Sunday, April 18, 2010

Weekend Eats

The weekends are always prime time for going out to dinner with family and friends. We try to do one night eating out and one night eating in on the weekends, but it doesn't always work out that way, and we go out to dinner more! This weekend was one of them. It was a lot of fun, so no complaints.

On Friday, we went to dinner at Reggie's, a bar/restaurant on Phantom Lake in Mukwonago, about 25 minutes from home. We went with the intention of having burgers and sandwiches, but everyone but my dad ended up getting some type of seafood dish. Nate had the special, which was a Cajun salmon and shrimp combo, my mom had the fried shrimp, my dad had a burger and I had the Cajun catfish (below).

The three seafood dishes came with great potato pancakes and a lazy Susan-type thing of coleslaw, rye bread and some kind of baked bean dish. It was really quite good. I thought my mom's was the best. The batter on the shrimp was really crunchy and fresh tasting.

Saturday night, we went with our friends Ann and Craig to the Chancery in Wauwatosa. My parents had given us a gift certificate for Christmas (thanks Mom and Dad!), so we finally cashed in on it--$50 for four people really went a long way, even with an appetizer and 22-ounce beers!

We, of course, started with the artichoke dip with warm bread. Other than the one I make, this is my favorite artichoke dip. I'll even admit that after we ran out of bread, I used a fork to eat the rest and licked the serving spoon. :)


For my meal, I ordered Teriyaki Chicken Pita minus the chicken. Instead of chicken, I got extra veggies, which included squash, broccoli, red pepper, carrots, pea pods, and it came with Monterey jack cheese. And a side of waffle fries and a bite of kringle, of course.


Finally, for breakfast this morning, I whipped out my cooking skills and made myself and Nate some veggie breakfast burritos, with eggs, cheese, peppers, salsa and tomatoes. (Yes, those are elephant butts you see on my coffee mug--it's a mug I got when I was working at Gloria Jean's in college. The front of the mug says "Our love," and the on the inside, says "is huge." Cute!







No comments:

Post a Comment