Monday, May 31, 2010

Favorite Summer Pasta Salad

I came across this pasta salad recipe a few years ago on http://www.myrecipes.com/recipes/. It's my favorite go-to pasta salad recipe. It's super easy and you can change up a few things, if you'd like.

Orzo Salad
-3 cups hot cooked orzo (about 1.5 cups uncooked)
-1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
-3/4 cup (3 oz.) crumbled feta
-1/4 chopped parsley (I never add parsley, because I never seem to have it on hand)
-3 tbs. balsamic vinegar
-2 tbs. olive oil
1/2 teas. salt
1/4 teas. pepper
1 garlic clove, minced.

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, and toss well to coat. Cover bowl and chill for one hour.


I made this for Friday's Brewers game. There is always a lot left over, so I had some for lunch today. I added a can of tuna for protein, some spinach leaves and some extra olive oil, because it seems to dry out a bit after a while.

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious! I think I'll have to make a point of trying it this summer.

    ReplyDelete