Monday, May 24, 2010

Produce, Produce and More Produce

We got our second CSA box this week. I get really excited about getting the box each Friday! It's fun to come up with recipes based on the produce in the box.

This week's was a lot of the same as last week, like asparagus, green garlic, radishes and and rhubarb--plus spinach, one leek and red lettuce.

Also, I did some planting last weekend.
I planted three herb plants: basil, cilantro and dill.

And I planted a few hot peppers, including jalapenos and habaneros (I can't think of the third right now ...).

I also planted a tomato in a Topsy Turvy. Last year, the jalapenos and the basil did really well, and, to my surprise, the tomato. I hope everything turns out well this year!


I can't wait to get to the Saturday Farmer's Markets soon. We frequent the West Allis Farmer's Market. This year, I really want to check out the Fondy Farmer's Market as well as the South Shore Farmer's Market in Bay View. I've heard really good things about both markets. And there will be a new one nearby: Tosa Farmer's Market.

4 comments:

  1. The title caught my attention! I can't wait until the farmer's market opens in my 'hood. I am going to go crazy on that produce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. have you seen "No Impact Man?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo for attention-grabbing titles! How close is your 'hood's farmer's market. No, I haven't seen "No Impact Man." I'll have to look it up ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to add that you have forgotten about the South Shore Farmer's Market - I am hurt that you did not deem my hood's FM worthy of your blog. And for that you will be mandated to join me there!

    ReplyDelete