Wednesday, May 19, 2010

What to Do With All That Rhubarb

It seems like lots of people have rhubarb growing wildly in their yards or are getting it from farmer's markets or CSA boxes. We got some rhubarb with our box. Neither Nate nor I have ever cooked with rhubarb, and I don't remember the last time I hate it (although I do remember not liking it ... but I was probably in grade school!).

Since it came in our box, we knew we had to try it. Nate found a recipe via some phone app for pork chops called Sauteed Pork Chops with Sherry-Berry Pan Gravy and Rhubarb Chutney. Here's the recipe.

I can't really comment on how it was to make and all that--Nate made it all while I was at a meeting, along with some fresh green beans. But it turned out really well and everything was tasty. The rhubarb chutney had a nice flavor and wasn't too bitter but not too sweet with the preserves. The leftovers heated up nicely, too.






No comments:

Post a Comment