Monday, July 26, 2010

Beer Brownies

About a week and a half ago, we held a beer tasting party. As I've blogged about before, Nate has been busy brewing his own beer since I gave him a homebrew kit for his birthday in December. Since we've been storing beer for months, we finally had a beer tasting party for friends and family. It was fantastic. We had lots of great NathanAle's brews, plus everyone brought a few of their favorite craft or micro brews.


In addition to the beer, we had some great food. I tried to make a few things with beer as one of the ingredients. We made brats which we first cooked in beer and then had sitting in beer for the rest of the day.
In addition to the brats, I made Guinness brownies. Unfortunately, I never remembered to take a picture. But, I can definitely tell you they were absolutely fantastic. They almost tasted more like fudge.

Here is the recipe I used. I followed everything, except I forgot to dust the tops with powered sugar. I'm not sure it was even needed!

1 comment:

  1. you had me at "beer brownies!" (p.s. you can tell you're not "hip" anymore when you're quoting tom cruise movies from over 10 years ago...)

    ReplyDelete