Monday, July 12, 2010

A Breakfast Treat: Mini Frittatas

We had a lot of random veggies and things I wanted to use up, and I've been wanting to make mini frittatas to have weekday mornings. I've made a version of them before, and they're so tasty and easy to heat up to eat before work.

I found a random recipe online to base my frittatas on. I ended up doing mostly everything on my own, but I used the basics from that recipe. Here is what I did:

Veggie Mini Frittatas
-8 eggs
-1/2 cup milk
-about 1/4 cup chopped potatoes
-about 2 tbs. green onions, sliced
-about 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
-1 clove garlic, minced
-3 Morningstar Farms veggie sausages
-salt, pepper and cayenne to taste

-Whisk eggs and milk in a big bowl. Boil potatoes in water for about 5 minutes. Saute mushrooms and garlic in olive oil for about 5 minutes. Microwave sausage links for 1.5 minutes, then chop into pieces. Combine everything, along with the onions, in with the eggs and milk.

-Pour mixture in muffin tins sprayed with non-stick cooking spray (I ended up with 16 mini frittatas!)

-Store in fridge (or freezer) until ready to eat. When ready, heat for about 2 minutes in the microwave.

3 comments:

  1. This reminds me of how much I like to have ready-made breakfast foods in the fridge. Being able to "grab and go" on a weekday morning is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ready-made meals is definitely the way to go! I even prep my oatmeal the night before. Ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had mini frittatas for a family gathering recently. Love them.

    ReplyDelete