Thursday, October 14, 2010

Chicken & Leek Linguine

This was another meal out of the October issue of Cooking Light. I picked it mostly because we had gotten some leeks from the CSA box, and I had to figure out what to do with them.

Here is the recipe. It was a pretty simple, quick dish to make, although it took some juggling. While I think I'm a pretty decent cook, I still sometimes struggle with trying to get different elements of the meal finished at the same time. For example, the linguine was done WAY before everything else was. It still tasted OK, but I need to get better about timing things.
Anyway, we followed the recipe pretty much as it is, except I didn't use parsley. It was good.

For a side, we had some broccoli, also from the CSA box, to use up. Nate doesn't like broccoli just plain, so I knew I needed to flavor it up somehow. I remembered a recipe in my Betty Crocker Cookbook for sesame buttered broccoli. I halved the recipe since we didn't have too much broccoli. It was good, except I overcooked the broccoli a bit (that's another thing I have to work on ...) and didn't drain out enough water, so it wasn't quite as flavorful as it should have been.

But all in all, it was a very good meal!

1 comment:

  1. Leeks are wonderful. I like eating them sauteed in olives oil with a potato!

    ReplyDelete