Thursday, October 7, 2010

Mushroom, Sausage Ragu with Polenta

It's been a while since we made a Cooking Light recipe, so I was excited when I picked out a few recipes from the October issue.

For dinner this week, on a night when I got home late, Nate made Mushroom and Sausage Ragu with Polenta. The only substitutions we made were using "XXX hot" Italian sausages (not turkey) from Outpost, "regular" mushrooms since I couldn't find cremini and vegetable rather than chicken broth, simply because they were out at Outpost.
The meal was very good and super filling. I think next time I wouldn't bother adding cream cheese to the polenta. When you have the ragu on top of it, you can't really taste it anyway.

The only downside to the meal is that when we had it for leftovers the next night, the polenta isn't all that great heated up. It's not creamy like it is the night it's cooked.

The first night, we had the polenta and ragu with a side salad and some delicious roasted red pepper dressing we bought up north a few weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment