Thursday, October 14, 2010

Rapid Restaurant Reviews: Dockside and Ryan Braun's

I recently went out to lunch at two places I had never eaten at. Both had really good food and each was a good experience.

We (me and Nate, as well as our friends Craig and Ann) stopped at Dockside, in Mukwonago on Lake Beulah, Sunday afternoon, after spending some time at Elegant Farmer. Nate and I had been there before with my parents for a drink, but we had never eaten there. Some of us started with some huge bloody Marys, which were pretty good.

I had a mushroom Swiss burger for my meal, which came with fresh, homemade French fries. The burger was fantastic. It was huge, had great flavor and was on a great (huge!) chunk of bread.

I didn't try anyone else's meals--Nate and Craig got burgers and Ann got a reuben--but everyone enjoyed their meals. Everyone's sandwich was HUGE!

Then this past Tuesday, I dined at Ryan Braun's Waterfront with some co-workers. There weren't many people there (many just two or three other tables at noon) and while I had heard good things about the place, I wasn't quite sure what the experience would be like. I was pleasantly surprised that we had a very good meal and the service was great.

We were presented with a bread basket (some kind of rosemary bread, I think?) and some sun-dried tomato butter and a side of mixed veggies with some oil or something ... Whatever it was, it was very good.

I ordered the portabella sandwich, which was a grilled mushroom with mozzarella, spinach, roasted peppers and tomatoes. For my side, while the sweet potato fries and garlic Parmesan fries looked great, I got the dipping vegetables with bruschetta ranch sauce. Everything was very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment