Monday, November 1, 2010

Curried Chicken Saute

The November issue of Cooking Light is huge and oh-so-enticing. There is a lot of good stuff in there, and one recipe that jumped out was the one for Curried Chicken Saute. We had a a somewhat quiet night at home last Friday and decided to make the dish. It was really easy and super tasty.

Before making that, though, we heated up some frozen Indian appetizers we had that we got at our favorite Indian grocery store a while ago.
Both the samosas and pakoras were great. We dipped them in tamarind sauce and mint chutney.

For the chicken curry, we followed the recipe exactly, except for a few things:

-We added about a 1/4 cup of sliced yellow onions.
-We added a jalapeno we had leftover from our little summer garden.
-We used a spicy curry powder rather than plain curry powder.

We made some plain basmati rice in the steamer to go with the meal. It was a good thing we did--it was super spicy!
I'm not sure if it was the jalapeno (which we use a lot) or the curry (which I've used before and didn't think it was that spicy). But combined, or something, it was hot. The meal was great, though, and I'd make the saute recipe again.
One thing I would note though is to add all the salt the recipe calls for. I didn't add all of the salt the recipe calls for, thinking it would be fine. I ended up adding quite a bit (more than I usually do) once I started eating it.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know that Indian store was right by Mayfair. Will have to check it out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, right across the street. It's a great place! There is a lots of fun stuff to look at and the owners are really nice--my husband and I took one of their cooking classes in the spring. It was a good time!

    ReplyDelete