Saturday, November 6, 2010

Dinner and Dessert in Bay View

Earlier this week, I had dinner with my friend Ann, who I mentioned was moving away. We had been talking for a while about going to Bay View's Three Brothers for Serbian food for a while and decided to have dinner there right before she left.

Although Ann had never been to Three Brothers, I've been there numerous times, mostly with my family and once with my ethnic dining group. It's one of my favorite Milwaukee restaurants--it's homey and cozy, everything is home cooked in a small kitchen by just a few people and it appears to be very authentic. Be prepared, though--they don't take credit/debit cards!

We shared two of my favorite menu items. We started with the Serbian salad, which consists of tomatoes, onions, green peppers and Serbian cheese. It's different than your typical house salad, and it's excellent. We also had some Serbian bread and a great soft, butter-like goat cheese spread.
For our main course, I wanted to share something I knew Ann would love: the cheese and spinach burek. We are both huge spinach pie fans (see this post in which I declare my love), and the bureks are huge, so I knew splitting one was the way to go. I was right--Ann loved it, and the burek was as great as I remembered it.

For dessert, we wanted to check out a different place, so we headed to Honeypie, just a few blocks away. We thought they would have a good dessert selection, and Honeypie didn't disappoint! We each had a drink and then split two desserts: a slice of Kahlua cream pie and a German chocolate cupcake. Both were delicious and the perfect end to a great evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment