Monday, December 6, 2010

Spiced-Rubbed Salmon

We made this salmon recipe for the first time quite a while ago--the recipe is from the December 2007 issue of Cooking Light, after all. We had to have made it not long after getting that issue. Even years later, I remember it being a really, really good recipe, and that I wanted to find an opportunity to make it again.

Well, that opportunity came last week. We purchased some wild salmon on sale at Outpost last weekend, and made the recipe for dinner last week. Since we had a smaller piece of salmon than what the recipe calls for (about 1.25 lbs) I halved the spices. I ended up adding a little bit more because it didn't look like it would be enough, and I'm glad I did.

The flavor was good, although not quite what I remembered for some reason. Plus, I don't know what it is, but I have a helluva time cooking salmon--I always overcook it. So, for next time, I'll set the timer for about 12 minutes, rather than 20, and keep checking the fish.

We served the fish with Near East pearled couscous. I've never had the pearled variety, and it was really pretty good.

1 comment: