Monday, December 13, 2010

White Chocolate Candy Cane Cheesecake

Sounds delicious, huh? Oh, and it was!

I had to bring a dessert to a work holiday dinner. I never know what dessert to make for some reason. I guess I always feel like I have to make something fancy. I was doing some Googling and came across this recipe for White Chocolate Candy Cane Cheesecake from Midwest Living.
I had never made a cheesecake before, so I was a little nervous.

It turned out to actually be pretty easy. A bit tedious with all the steps and different levels of letting it cool, but overall, it wasn't too bad. The worst part was that I couldn't figure out if and when it was set.
It was still pretty jiggly after 40 minutes, so I baked it another 10. And it was still jiggly after those 10, so I baked it another 10. By then, I figured it was probably OK, and the top was browning quite a bit.

I followed the recipe exactly--the only thing I really changed is that I added more white chocolate to the top of the cake than the recipe called for (I put the melted white chocolate in a small Zip-Loc bag and snipped the edge off), and probably a bit more candy cane.

All the hard work definitely paid off--everyone at the party really liked it, and everyone requested leftovers to take home.

1 comment:

  1. The finished product looks beautiful! I've found from experience that it's pretty hard to tell when it's done, too.

    Maybe you should get more practice making these at another potluck ;-)

    ReplyDelete