Monday, January 3, 2011

Baked Egg Rolls for a Potluck

As I've mentioned before, a group of girlfriends and I do monthly ethnic dining nights. It's been a tradition these last few years to, instead of going out for dinner, have a potluck at someone's home. So, for this December, we gathered at Leah's and had a tasty potluck.

I decided to make some homemade, baked egg rolls. I chose a different recipe than the one we used last time, just to change things up a bit. This is the recipe I used from the For the Love of Cooking Blog. I followed the recipe exactly, except that I don't think I had savoy cabbage (pretty sure it was Napa cabbage I had leftover from our last CSA box) and I didn't measure out the bean sprouts, so there could have been quite a bit more or less. The egg rolls turned out really well, and we tasty and nice and crispy. I got some sweet chili sauce to dip them in.

In addition to the egg rolls, we had:

Vegetable pate and Italian bread, and red wine.


Rice noodles, vegetables and a non-peanut, but peanuty sauce from Wildtree.


Brownie sundaes made with almond milk ice cream and peppermint bark bits.

As always, it was a delicious meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment