Sunday, May 1, 2011

Pasta Puttanesca



This recipe from the May 2011 Cooking Light for pasta puttanesca (curiously enough, the Italian translation means "whore's style spaghetti." Interesting.) caught my eye as I was flipping through it a while ago. The finished product looked tasted and it seemed very easy to make. I was also intrigued by cooking with anchovies for the first time.



I was right--the recipe was super simple and very tasty. I followed the recipe exactly, except that I used shredded, rather than grated, Parmesan cheese. I would definitely make this again. I think I might actually use more anchovies next time, as you really couldn't taste them and the dish wasn't nearly as salty as I thought it would be with the anchovies, olives and capers.




This sauce is also a good base to use for future sauces and to stop buying the jarred/canned sauces. Sauce is so easy to make, and if you start with a plain base you can do anything you want with it!














No comments:

Post a Comment